Customers Are First at Mortgage 1
At Mortgage 1-Jackson, we pride ourselves on taking care of customers. It is job one.
We recognize and take seriously our role of guiding people through one of the most significant events of their lives: buying a home. Whether a customer is a first-time buyer or a repeat buyer, our goal is to make the experience as easy as possible.
With that commitment in mind, here are some recent customer service numbers that show we are staying true to our mission:
· Mortgage 1’s overall customer satisfaction score is 99%
· Mortgage 1’s Net Promoter Score (NPS) is 97
To learn what these numbers mean, how they are calculated and why they matter, continue reading below.
Measuring Customer Happiness: Are You Satisfied?
Would You Recommend?
Each month, Mortgage 1-Jackson reaches out to our customers and asks two things:
· How satisfied are you with us?
· Would you recommend Mortgage 1 to a friend?
The answers to those two questions provide the basis for customer satisfaction and NPS.
Customer Satisfaction Score
The satisfaction score is straight-forward. Customer are asked “yes-no” questions throughout the process to see if they were satisfied with the Mortgage 1-Jackson experience. We query our entire database of customers across all our offices. We ask about different stages of the process, about the loan officers and office staff, and about the overall experience. The answers to those questions form the satisfaction score.
Here is something to know: so far this year, nineteen Mortgage 1 Branch Offices have perfect 100% satisfaction scores.
“We love being the trusted lender to our customers. We work extremely hard at providing an A+ experience. These scores show that we are succeeding.”
– Mortgage 1 Jackson Branch Manager, Mike Archer
Net Promoter Score (NPS)
Net Promoter Score, or NPS, measures customer experience. NPS is the ultimate measure of customer satisfaction. It essentially asks people, “do you trust us enough that would you recommend us to your friends or family?” The survey does not mean people actually have to submit a recommendation. It is a theoretical, single-question survey.
NPS is calculated using a 1-10 scale to this basic question: How likely is it that you would recommend Mortgage 1 to a friend or colleague?
Respondents are grouped as follows:
· Promoters (those who give a 9-10) are loyal enthusiasts who will keep buying and refer others, fueling growth.
· Passives (score 7-8) are satisfied but unenthusiastic customers who are vulnerable to competitive offerings.
· Detractors (score 0-6) are unhappy customers who can damage your brand and impede growth through negative word-of-mouth.
By subtracting the percentage of Detractors from the percentage of Promoters, you get the Net Promoter Score. NPS can range from a low of -100 (if every customer is a Detractor) to a high of 100 (if every customer is a Promoter).
Mortgage 1: World-Class NPS
NPS was co-created by the company Satmetrix. According to Satmetrix:
· The average US company has a Net Promoter Score of 10
· A positive score above 0 is considered Good
· A score of 50 or above is Excellent
· A score above 70 is considered World Class
According to a separate study, the average financial services company scores 56, putting Mortgage 1 well above banks, other lenders, and other financial service providers.
Think about that the next time you apply for a home loan or a refinance.
Want World-Class Satisfaction With Your Next Mortgage?